Thursday, October 23, 2008

Check in #2

The nurse that will be Addie's nurse in the PICU today just came by to let us know that Addie is almost done with surgery and the repair went really well! They should be bringing her up here to the PICU within the hour or so. The surgeon will be up to review the surgery with us after she is up here. I am very anxious to know if they were able to save the valve, but I am just so happy everything went so well and that she is probably almost all sealed back up!

I must say, today has been an amazing, amazing day. The peace that I have is almost scary. Why aren't I worrying, how can I sit here and browse other blogs and write posts while my daughter is having OPEN HEART SURGERY?!? The Holy Spirit is so right here with us! It just give me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes. I am so at peace. It is just incredible! God is so good and we'll be seeing our pride and joy very very soon! He is there with her just making sure these last final moments of the surgery go as well as the rest. Praise God. This could have never happened without all the prayers. Thank you thank you thank you!

Our pastor, Erin, stopped by and sat with us this morning and prayed for us and I have just felt so good since then. God is just so good. I know Erin was just verbalizing all of the prayers that all of our friends and family have been saying over the last couple of days and weeks. Praise God!

8 comments:

  1. I meant to call last night, sorry!
    I'm so glad you are doing so well. God is truly amazing with his gifts.
    Praying that Addie and her surgery team are doing well also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good. We agree. Our little Tommy had his AV canal correction a year ago. Praise God that this is one thing that is successfully done thru surgery

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Braska's Papa Beagle (maternal grandpa) and wanted to let you know I am praying for you all and Addie and her full and speedy recovery. May God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I'm so glad you are feeling peace...praise God is right! I'm so glad things are going just as planned. I'm so glad this is almost officially behind you! Love you guys and praying for ya!
    The Barcz's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so thankful that everything is going well...continued prayers for all of you, but especially your sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Erin and Zak,
    I am praying for you and Addie too.
    I live in IC and work 3 buildings from the hospital if you'd like a meal . . .
    nic horning - mom of Kiriana Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this time. My son hasn't had the surgery your daughter is having but I know what it is like to leave your baby in the arms of someone and want to be there with them. God is right there watching over her. Peace be with you and your family.

    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been thinking about you guys all morning long!

    Daisy is doing fine, no worries! Meishka and I will go there after work today and spend time with her. (Well, Meishka is already there, but I will be there after I get off work. So no worries!)

    ReplyDelete