Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thank you Two Bee Racing!

Just quick note to say thank you to Two Bee Racing~ We went to Build a Bear in Coralville and Addie made a bear (with mom's and Molly's help) The bear has a patchwork quilted heart on her chest and we will definitely have to take the bear with us when Addie has her surgery. I know it will bring me comfort when Addie is in surgery and then it will continue to bring Addie comfort through the bumps and bruises of childhood!

After we were done shopping in Coralville I was at Mark and Molly's house in Swisher and I was singing to Addie and Molly captured this photo on her laptop (that's why it looks like Addie's shirt is on backwards).


It is too cute! She just kept smiling like this every time I sang "oh what a miracle". I am so in love with this little girl. I am so blessed! I need to remind myself of all the joy Addie has brought Zac and I and our family. It is so easy to get down when I start thinking of her upcoming surgery and the struggles we will have as she grows. But I just need to remind myself of what a miracle Addie really is and how blessed we are to have her in our lives. God is good!

Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful picture!
    I can't wait to see her again.

    It is ok to have worried feelings! Addie does have a big hurdle to overcome with her heart. You have wonderful doctors, and you will see some amazing changes in her when you get her back home after the surgery. I always felt like Ben really started living the rest of his life at that point.

    We had the experience of this: It will be one of the hardest things for you to do, and you will look back and say how glad you are you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is such a cute picture!! what a little honey she is!! I am so sad we missed the build a bear party. Mikes dad is so sick we had to head up to Mayo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment! I remember visiting your blog a few times before, but then somehow lost the link. It was nice to "catch up" with Addie. What a cute picture that is of her smiling too. I will keep her in my prayers for her upcoming surgery.

    ReplyDelete