Saturday, August 15, 2009


Well, considering it has been quite some time since I posted last...I figured I better get it done...last thursday the 13th Addie had sugery to open her tear ducts in both eyes as well as having tubes all went well aside from her being VERY aggitated when she came out of surgery and then she was starting to cough very badly and wheezing....the anesthesiologist came back out and said it was mainly from the intubation (they had to do a full intubation) her sats were fine, it just scared the crap out of me and sounded horrible....she finally fell asleep in my moms arms, so it made it much better on all of us...

We had spent wed. night in the hotel in IA city due to our check in time being 5:45 am...and of course, Addie slept horrible that between mom and I we were up most of the night (Zac was on a hiking trip in CO that we had decided he needed to go on). Mom and I were very, very tired, but the surgery seemed to go pretty quickly and everything went as planned. We all were able to be home by Thursday afternoon and all were able to get some rest.

Addie is doing very well, her eyes look SO much better already...I am anxious to see if she will pass her hearing screen now that she has the tubes..we follow up for the exam in September..

Other than that not much new on the home front. I have quit my summer job to stay at home as it just wasn't worth it with trying to manage work, Addie's appts, and everything at home I will be. I am going to work at Addie's in home daycare a couple of days a week so Addie can continue to get all of the interactions with the other kids.

We also have the Buddy Walk coming up Oct. 3rd so I have a ton of work I need to get done to get ready for that.

I will get another update soon on Addie's progress..


  1. Glad it went well! How old is Addie now? One of Bennett's eyes has been tearing since he was born -he's now almost 3 months and it drives me crazy. Were hers always teary? How long do you have to wait to have them probed? I've tried massaging it, warm compress, oitment- but it still tears!

  2. Good to hear that everything went well with Addie and surgery. I am dealing with eyes and ears now too. Glad to hear that they did both together at the same time. That is what I am hoping for Wysdom in the future. He will need tubes and maybe eye surgery. Anyways...glad to hear that all is good and that things are looking better already.

  3. That's so good that they did both ears and eyes at the same time. When we got tubes in Matthew's ears, we weren't told that they could schedule the eyes at the same time too. We only found out when we were at the hospital for the ears. Thankfully, Matthew's clogged tear duct cleared up on its own when he was around 9 months old (if my memory serves me correctly).
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! And thanks for sharing Addie's outstanding i-did-its. You asked when we started signing with Matthew. He was around 7 or 8 months old. For a while I thought milk was going to be his first sign as he could understand it but it was not. "More" was his first sign when he was around 15 months old. I blogged about our signing recently Hang in there! Addie will do it. Just a matter of time.

  4. Hey, Cynthia posted an article that you were in!! crazy huh?