Saturday, September 27, 2008

Updates....after a week....and more pics

So I just realized I haven't posted since last thursday! Oops! I've been coming to the blog and visiting everyone else's blog..but not posting on my own...so here we go.

Last weekend was great. Got to visit my parents and let them spoil Addie some more. Zac stayed home and worked and did boy stuff. Upon my arrival home on Monday I found the front of the house decked out in fall decorations....pumpkins, gords, straw bales, cornstalks...it was so cool! Then, I walk inside and there is a roast and potatoes in the crock pot, yummy smelling fall candles throughout the house and all my fall decorations plus new ones out! I was floored! So I called Zac and thanked him and asked if he did this alone (I was quite skeptical as there was definetely a woman's touch to this decorating). He of course wouldn't tell me who....but did say he had some help with the shopping and decorating. (Bethany!) Anyways, it was so nice and made me realize how much my hubby loves me! And I think he missed us!

On monday night our bible study threw us a surprise baby shower! They showered us with books, clothes, and lots of gift cards for Zac and I to have date night! It was so awesome! Once again, God is so good at reminding us how blessed we are at the friends He has brought into our lives! Now to find some babysitters while we have those date nights.....(don't think that will be too hard).

On wednesday night Zac watched Addie while I went to make bracelets for the Buddy Walk. Of course, Addie did not stick to her normal schedule and stayed awake the whole time I was gone and did not make it easy for Zac. Uponcoming home, Zac was very appreciative of me and the work I do =). I had fun making bracelets with the women from HADSA, but not sure how much fun Zac had watching Addie! Of course, as soon as I got home she fell right to sleep for me! Zac was quite disgusted at my abilities! HA!

Thursday we went shopping to Williamsburg (outlet mall) and I got some nice sleepers for Addie when she's in the hospital. And of course had to get some cute things for my nephew, Corbett!

Yesterday we saw Dr. Zittergruen and Addie weighs 10 pounds, 10 ounces. Not a huge gain from last week. But atleast she's still gaining! Surgery will be Oct. 15th at the Univ. of Iowa Hospital....just trying to keep her healthy so we don't have to reschedule...so far, so good!

The best part of this week is we have had three nights of 9+ hours of consective sleep (atleast Addie has). Yep, lay her down at 9:30 and she sleeps till 7 or 7:30!!! It is great! Hopefully it will continue! Now if I would just quit surfing the web until the wee hours of the night and go to bed earlier so I would be getting 9 hours of consecutive sleep! We also got the new crib up (old one was re-called) and Addie just loves it! She has been doing so good with naps and even when she wakes up, she's content to just lay there and look at her mobile! Now if I could just get comfortable to move her out of sleeping in our room...not quite sure if I'm ready for that yet.....

There is updated pics in the picasa album..

So it's been a pretty darn good week. Hopefully a nice relaxing weekend. REALLY need to clean my house...

Don't forget, next weekend is the Buddy Walk! Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for coming and helping with bracelets! it was fun and crazy! lol!
    see you at the buddy walk!

    ReplyDelete